- OBVIOUS Presents Dorion Renard’s Cover RevealPosted 27 days ago
- ‘UNLIKE’ Any Other. Interview with Fashion Designer Sven OeschPosted 39 days ago
- The Hunger Games – Only the Strong SurvivePosted 40 days ago
- Jada Pinkett Smith: An Open Letter to a FriendPosted 57 days ago
- The Model Issue: 6 Covers Representing New FacesPosted 70 days ago
Want to get notoriety and get published?
OBVIOUS Magazine gives you the opportunity to contribute your work and have it published in a top-quality, highly popular publication – both digitally and in print (coming very soon). That means global exposure. Are you a street artist, stylist, designer or make-up artist? Are you a photographer, artist, writer or music fanatic with something to say? However you work your vision, connect with OBVIOUS Magazine for the opportunity to collaborate with other local and international creatives, get people talking about your creativity and even launch your career. Submission Request is setup to provide an outlet for talent to have already produced work they want to be published and noted.
Here’s what to do to join our team…
Photography, Editorial & Graphic Submissions and Feature Request
We accept fashion, portraiture, art and culture work. We prefer photographers/artists to be creative, different and to stand out, browse our past issues to get a feel of OBVIOUS Magazine. Contribute work that fits our publication and theme.
1. All submitted images must belong to you or with the written permission from the author.
2. All work must be unpublished including on social network sites.
3. A minimum of 8-12 images per submission. They must be a set of a fashion story / documentary/ portrait story / graphic set etc with a coherent story/theme.
4. Send images in 72dpi jpg file named numerically e.g 1.jpeg, 2.jpeg and so on. With the full copyright information you full name, email address and telephone number attached for our consideration to email@example.com.
5. When submitting final selected approved work please send us high-resolution images specification: 300dpi jpg, not cropped, retouched and send via www.wetransfer.com ONLY with all credit details numbered and with image numbers corresponding. Please get these details correct as once published no corrections can be made.
6. Feature Request: You must submit an EPK (Electronic Press Kit), press release, website or other means of providing information about the feature request. Please include any images and point of contact. Feature Request are accepted based on what we need at the time. We are looking for up-and-coming and established individuals, duos, or groups. If we are interested, we will send an email confirming the feature and issue.
We are looking for a wide range of written submission from articles, interviews, reviews, (art, culture, music, exhibitions, events etc.)
1. Full background details of the piece you are submitting must be provided, a website address of the subject is not considered enough background research for us. If you are submitting a piece you should be doing extensive research so there aren’t any issues.
2. Written work must not have been previously published including on blogs or social media sites.
3. An example of previous published work or unpublished work will be required.
4. Work must fit within OBVIOUS Magazine style and standards see previous issues for reference.
5. Photographs/illustrations must be provided to accompany the piece these must be to a high quality and provided to us as soon as possible.
Our Terms & Conditions
1.Posting your approved images online before OBVIOUS Magazine issue is published will result in your images being pulled from the issue, or we will request for you to remove them from online until after publication.
2. Submitted images and articles should not have appeared in any other publication, blog, be it print or online. We place an embargo on all content until after publication.
3. You retain the ownership of your images/work, which is your original work. Images sent by a third-party should only be by permission of the organization or the individual who is the owner and they must also agree to these terms and conditions.
4. By submitting you are granting OBVIOUS Magazine unrestricted non-exclusive right to use it now and in the future.
5. Images used become a permanent part of this magazine.
6. By submitting to OBVIOUS Magazine you are indicating that you have read and understood these terms and conditions and agree to them.
7. You grant OBVIOUS Magazine the right to use your submitted work for promotional use in relation to OBVIOUS Magazine.
8. Obtaining a pull letter, commissioning letter or letter of responsibility does not mean we will publish your editorial. We also reserve the right to change the issue your editorial is published in. Any expenses or costs of your shoot are at your own risk; please do not undertake a shoot in our name unless you can afford the loss, should it happen. Pull letters are not guaranteed unless we like the story idea and research the stylist being used. We generally provide pull letters to stylist we have a relationship with, creditable and respected in the industry.
9. Submissions are non-paid; exposure only.
Request for Pull letter & Commissioning Letters
The following are requirements for these letters:
1. We like and accept your idea.
2. Your stylist has an immaculate reputation.
3. You provide a mood board outlining the story and style.
4. We have final approval on your model or models prior to your shoot and we would like to see options not just a single model.
5. Model releases & permissions in place.
6. You have all required insurances.
7. You accept we may not run your story.
8. You commit to deliver by the agreed deadline.
NOTE: Pull letter/ commissioning letters are very rarely given out. Please see clause 8 in our term and conditions above.
We are happy to provide 72dpi quality tear sheets and high res PDF of the OBVIOUS Magazine issue for each person who is published within it upon request.
2013 EDITORIAL CALENDAR | THEMES
March | April 2013
THE MODEL ISSUE (6 Covers)
Theme: Who’s Hot Right Now? New Faces, Summer Fashion Preview, Philanthropy, Summer Gadgets and more.
Deadline for Submissions: February 5, 2013 | Covers Release Date: March 12, 2013 | Issue Release Date: March 26, 2013
May | June 2013
THE NEXT ISSUE (2 Covers)
Theme: Summer Fashion, Travel & Leisure, Movers & Shakers, Who’s Next in the industry of television, Fashion, Music, etc.
Deadline for Submissions: April 2, 2013 | Issue Release Date: April 30, 2013
July | August 2013
THE SEXY ISSUE (2 Covers)
Theme: What’s Sexy? Music, Summer Fashion, Art, Design, Sex Appeal at any age, Fall Preview
Deadline for Submissions: June 4, 2013 | Issue Release Date: June 25, 2013
September | October 2013
THE FASHION ISSUE (6 Covers)
Theme: New Faces, New Designers, Holiday Preview, Fall Fashion.
Deadline for Submissions: August 6, 2013 | Issue Release Date: August 27, 2013
THE BODY ISSUE (2 Covers)
Theme: Fitness, Life, Holiday, Aesthetics, Fitness Fashion.
Deadline for Submissions: October 1, 2013 | Issue Release Date: October 29, 2013
2014 EDITORIAL CALENDAR | THEMES
January | February 2014
THE EMPOWERMENT ISSUE (2 Covers)
Theme: Empowerment, Finance, Spring Preview, Hollywood, Music, Award Season
Deadline for Submissions: December 3, 2013 | Issue Release Date: December 31, 2013