- OBVIOUS Presents Dorion Renard’s Cover RevealPosted 27 days ago
- ‘UNLIKE’ Any Other. Interview with Fashion Designer Sven OeschPosted 39 days ago
- The Hunger Games – Only the Strong SurvivePosted 40 days ago
- Jada Pinkett Smith: An Open Letter to a FriendPosted 57 days ago
- The Model Issue: 6 Covers Representing New FacesPosted 70 days ago
Definition of Etiquette: BEREOLAESQUE
This book has an impressive amount of research and time spent on etiquette and personal style. Enitan Bereola II exudes personal style and personal responsibility; it’s very apparent in this book.
This is a must read for men and women especially if you are raising young men. It sets the tone and teaches them to respect themselves and the people they will come in contact with during their adult life.
When you first read the title, Bereolasque, it may take you for a loop because the title is tricky to read at first. Bereola used his last name and added -esque to the end to come up with Bereolasque. That was a smart and cleaver decision. Kinda like a personal touch..
The meaning of BEREOLAESQUE:
…highly appealing and pleasing to the human senses and/or mind; captivating; providing or delight, especially in appearance or manner; charming, alluring, attractive.
As you read through the book, you will realize your lack of etiquette and/or style on some of the things you may take for granted. BEREOLAESQUE allows you to refresh on some of your styling and etiquette issues.
Here are a few key points in the book that caught my eye:
- The Diagnosis – Member Orientation. Cleaver! You must follow keys rules to be considered a gentleman.
- You should bring me flowers – Learning what flowers to give for the right occasion. Very important.
- Sound – When to say…Thank You, May I, etc.
- The Cool – The Style Guide. Learning Power Colors.
- Smile – Do I need to explain…LOL?
- Debt – Paying it off and living within your means.
- Women 101 – Rule #14: When she is not, tell her she is beautiful. When she is beautiful, tell her she is stunning. A gentleman recognizes beauty is internal.
With any book recommendation, you must make the first step. If you are a man who is aware of lack of etiquette and personal style, this is your book. If you are a man who’s know-it-all, this book is for you and if you’re a man who just doesn’t care about his look, this book is for you too.
Enjoy. I did.
Purchase book here