- OBVIOUS Presents Dorion Renard’s Cover RevealPosted 28 days ago
- ‘UNLIKE’ Any Other. Interview with Fashion Designer Sven OeschPosted 40 days ago
- The Hunger Games – Only the Strong SurvivePosted 41 days ago
- Jada Pinkett Smith: An Open Letter to a FriendPosted 58 days ago
- The Model Issue: 6 Covers Representing New FacesPosted 72 days ago
NOT SO, ODD
Oddience is a four part music collective based is Los Angeles CA consisting of Miche Maya, Tulip Pezely, Jimbo Stewart and Eddingtonn.
The group met at an arcade in Koreatown, Los Angeles, when Eddingtonn and Tulip connected during a conversation about Jeff Goldblum and the anatomy of a fly.
Their interests are just as peculiar as their music taste. Influenced by the likes of Sade, Siouxsie, and the Banshees as well as Flying Lotus and A Tribe Called Quest. The Oddience sound is a combination of old school soul and R&B meets new wave hip hop and alternative rock.
Their first single “Yes Sir” is comprised of 80’s sample heavy, crispy kick beats produced by Tulip backed with clever lyrics and soulful harmonies from Miche, Tulip, and Eddingtonn.
The track comes with a cinematic video produced by Pablo Balderas and was shot in the neighborhood of Echo Park (where they can often be found relaxing their minds while intertwined with the universal groove). The group is set to release their second single in June as well as an EP later this year.
PHOTO: Pablo Balderas