- OBVIOUS Presents Dorion Renard’s Cover RevealPosted 24 days ago
- ‘UNLIKE’ Any Other. Interview with Fashion Designer Sven OeschPosted 36 days ago
- The Hunger Games – Only the Strong SurvivePosted 37 days ago
- Jada Pinkett Smith: An Open Letter to a FriendPosted 54 days ago
- The Model Issue: 6 Covers Representing New FacesPosted 67 days ago
One of the best things that can happen to you.
Rejection, an outside action that creates a negative inside re-action (or emotion). It’s something we try avoiding everyday; the way we behave, the careers we pick, the people we choose to be around, the clothes we wear are all determined to avoid rejection and receive approval. At an early age we are taught how to react when things feel good or bad.
We embrace the good and we shun the bad when both are good for us. Being rejected is one of the best things that can happen to us, it’s all in how you look at it.
Rejection gives us another chance to get things right. Getting rejected hurts our ego more than anything. Our ego tricks us into thinking and feeling things like:
- My life isn’t fair
- Why me?
- Nothing good can come of this.
- I look stupid to everyone.
These are all tricks of the ego. They are thoughts we’ve allowed our ego to create and they take away our chances of learning. There’s always a lesson to be learned from rejection, but we’ve just got to condition our minds to see it for what it is, accept it for what it was, and move on to something better. Rejection may feel bad, but good can come out of it.