Devon Daniels talks about how standing at 5’9 has become a hindrance in his growth in the industry; however, it hasn’t stopped his drive to succeed.
Devon Daniels Q&A
Reside: Los Angeles, CA
Agency, if any: Dance, Clear Talent Group. Commercial, Photogenics Media.
Three things the pandemic forced you to change?
- I was relying on the gym to stay fit and in shape. I’ve begun researching and putting together my home workouts.
- It has forced me to realize that it’s okay not to be working 24/7 and enjoy the still moments. Especially living in a city like LA, we get so used to being on the go all day every day that we forget that taking breaks and time for ourselves is just as important as working.
- It has also forced me to find new outlets of creativity and motivation that I wouldn’t have seen.
Favorite designer, fragrance, and beauty/grooming products?
- One of my favorite designers would have to be Bobby Abley because of his quirky take on fashion.
- A new favorite fragrance I’ve been using lately is YSL L’Homme.
- Favorite product right now would be the men’s skincare line from Shiseido.
What would you be doing if you weren’t modeling?
Well, I’m also a professional dancer, so I’d continue dancing full-time.
Which brand(s) would you love to model?
Nike is a huge goal of mine. I would be ecstatic to model their fitness side, lifestyle, or honestly whatever they see fit for me.
What are some of your challenges as a model?
I’d say a huge challenge for me in the modeling world would be my height. With male models, they’re expected to be around 5’11″/6′ or taller, so being 5’9″ has definitely limited me a bit.
Photography: Christopher Marrs @christophermarrs
Check out Devin Daniels in ‘Man in the Middle’ – a previously published webitorial.
Stay Connected with Devin Daniels