As we were curating the 2021 OBVIOUS Visionaries to Watch list, we had to ask ourselves if there was an underlying theme to consider with this year’s candidates. We quickly realized that a theme was happening before our eyes without even trying.
The submissions we received centered around people who were not only disruptors but also advocates of creating equity and leveling playing fields across varying spaces of business, society, and more. It was apparent then that that was the direction this year’s honorees were going to go in.
The 2021 Visionaries to Watch honorees show us how important it is to create fair and impartial movements across industries of all kinds because ultimately, a fair society would see a remarkable and progressive impact on the world as we know it.
These Visionaries are navigating their platforms and careers in a way that drives and motivates people to operate outside of their perspective and consider viewing the world through multiple lenses.
We’re also very excited about this year’s list because the varying industries our honorees belong to just further proof that you can make a true impact and positive changes to society no matter where you find your passion.
2021 OBVIOUS Visionaries To Watch Honorees
- Vivian Chen, Co-Founder and CEO at Rise (NYC)
- Samia Gore, Founder of Body Complete Rx
- Ruben Rojas, Owner & CEO of Live Through Love
- Rodrigo Garduño, Founder of 54D
- Reshma Dordi, CEO of Reshma Beauty and Producer/Host of Showbiz India TV
- Raghu Gollamudi, Founder & CEO of Included.Ai
- Olowo-n’djo Tchala, Founder and CEO of Alaffia
- Lorel Scott & Jose Barrera, Co-Founders of StartupStarter
- Jelani Memory, CEO & Founder of A Kids Company About
- Jaleesa Lashay Diaz & Kyra Lewis: Scene In Black, Managers of Multicultural Marketing at WarnerMedia, HBO Max
- Alexandra Chu, Founder & Executive Director of MedCreate
- Amanda Greenbaum & Olivera Markovic, Co-Founders of Millennial Competition
- Celina Myers, aka Celina SpookyBoo, Influencer
- Elijah McKinnon, Co-Founder and Executive Director of OTV – Open Television
- Emily Smith, Co-Founder of Female Strong
- Esosa Ighodaro-Johnson and Regina Gwynn, Co-Founders of Black Women Talk Tech (BWTT)